Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Little Things.

I'm walking down the street not really paying attention to anything but my own thoughts but there are those things that tend to catch my attention regardless. you know the things that they are, a certain color, a shape, some kind of movement, a weak smell that triggers some kind of memory you cannot actually place or truly see. or even when you are talking to someone and you see a cat hair sitting on their shoulder and for some reason all your attention is drawn to it.
but why do we pay attention to these trivial details, although at the time we are focusing at them they do not seem trivial, when there are such bigger things? is it because our brains themselves have registered the actual facts, they know the big ones, and in their own way distract us from these things?
you hear the saying it doesn't matter the size of the box but what is inside of it? twist it so that it fits this situation, where you are distracted by the box and unknowing what the little item will be (at the time you do not think it is little). its only backwards, we are now paying attention to the larger things, and in this case are begin misguided by what something larger can contain. because in all most cases the larger box always contain something smaller. otherwise how would it fit into the box?
in most cases from what i see we are unable to see the bog picture only buts and pieces of it. in time will we achieve the full picture?
Just at this moment i just noticed a crumb on my desk out of all the things on my desk. then i looked up and saw a job application i was supposed to fill out yesterday? why the crumb first? why did my mind distract me from it?

1 comment:

  1. I see dirt on my window, before seeing the bird outside. If I were to describe my head, it's a spider's web. It is tangled, a beautiful yet dizzying pattern. The spider itself has left the building. I feel.... alone.
    I know I am not. I can feel the eyes of God watching me..... or maybe they are not God's. It's colder then the metal of the iron gates of hell, but I know I'm not there yet. I must stay focused.... I must keep going. There is a bigger picture, here.... and I must find the one who took that picture.

    ReplyDelete